Enter the realm of Asian mushrooms which comes with its own set of distinct flavours, textures and aromas, and enhances many Asian dishes.
What are popular types of mushrooms used in Asian cooking?
The most popular Asian mushrooms used in Asian cuisine include:
- Shiitake mushrooms: With their meaty-like texture, these mushrooms are highly versatile and widely used in stir-fries, soups, and various Asian dishes.
- Enoki mushrooms: These delicate and slender mushrooms have a mild flavour and a crispy texture, making them commonly found in soups, hot pots, and stir-fries.
- Oyster mushrooms: Known for their tender texture and mild taste, oyster mushrooms work well in stir-fries, noodle dishes, and vegetarian recipes.
- Wood ear mushrooms: With a unique crunchy texture, these mushrooms are often used in Asian stir-fries, soups, and appetisers. They absorb flavours well and add a delightful crunch to dishes.
- King oyster mushrooms: With their distinct crunchy texture and ability to absorb flavours, king oyster mushrooms are used in Asian stir-fries, soups, and appetisers.
These popular Asian mushrooms add depth and character to Asian dishes, enhancing the overall culinary experience with their unique textures and flavours.
So why wait? Order your favourite dried mushrooms today for fast UK delivery!
If you want to learn more about Asian mushrooms, read our blog post on Japanese mushrooms.